In this blog, we have drawn a meaningful comparison between Windows 11 and 10. We all be discussing various advantages and disadvantages of windows 11 over windows 10. Apart from this comparison, you will also get to read the final conclusion on this comparison. This article is going to help you to decide whether you upgrade to Windows 11 or keep using Windows 10.
Windows 11 is still trying to come out of its rolling phase. It is expected to become the most used version of windows by mid-2022. Millions of users have already upgraded to Windows 11, but many are still hesitant to do so. This hesitancy emerges from being unfamiliar with the latest version of windows. Therefore, we have briefly described windows 11 in this article. If you are also one of those who are confused to choose between both versions of windows, this article is for you.
Major difference between windows 10 vs windows 11
In this section, we are going to dig deep into the latest features and specifications that Microsoft added to Windows 11. We have done in-depth research on both versions of windows. We have compared it on various scales like system requirements, performance, design, and gaming experience.
Let’s read it further to get a great insight into the difference between windows 11 and windows 10.
Windows 10 system requirements vs Windows 11
- When it launched Windows 11 in June, Microsoft did not provide the specific requirements to install it. Microsoft has since provided information on what hardware specifications, features, and OS will be required to run it correctly. There could be some modifications to these requirements prior to the OS coming out in the autumn.
- Hardware-wise, Windows 11 will require a 1 GHz or higher processor with at least two cores running on a compatible 64-bit processor or system with the chip, 4GB or more RAM, storage of 64 GB or more along with a video card that works using DirectX 12 or later with a WDDM 2.0 driver. Other requirements include the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Version 2.0 and a display with a resolution of 9 inches or higher with 8 bits for each color channel.
- There are additional requirements specific to features to fully utilize Windows 11’s capabilities. For example, the support for 5G requires a 5G-capable modem, while Wi-Fi 6E requires the latest WLAN IHV software and drivers, as well as a Wi-Fi 6E-capable AP/router for instance.
- Compare this to Windows 10 hardware requirements of 1 GHz or higher processor, or SoC. 1GB in RAM to run 32-bit systems or 2GB for 64-bit. 16GB of hard storage room for 32-bit OS or 20GB for 64-bit OS. DirectX 9 and later has WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Windows 11 hardware requirements likely make it necessary for many businesses to buy new PCs or laptops to upgrade to Windows 10. Windows 10 has been around since 2015 and was running on older hardware.
Windows 11 vs Windows 10 performance
- Apart from tweaks to the interface and brand-new features, Microsoft has also boasted of improvements in performance that come with the latest operating system. Microsoft promises faster logins using Windows Hello, quicker waking from sleep, and more speedy browsing on the internet.
- The company promises its future Windows Updates will shrink by 40% and we will be able to see if that occurs once updates are released and run on the back of the screen. Windows 11 should also deliver greater efficiency and longer battery life for devices such as laptops and tablets.
- The 10105F Windows 10 and Windows 11 installation will yield similar results, however the option to enable VBS will result in a 7 percent performance loss. This will be evident when you are in memory-sensitive situations like gaming.
- With the 11900K, which is more powerful We can observe the fact that Windows 10 delivered the best performance, since the upgrading of Windows 11 increased latency by 5percent, whereas the fresh Windows 11 install only increased the latency by 3%. We’re experiencing a significant increase when VBS is enabled, but this time an increase of 9% is observed when compared with the Windows 10 configuration.
|Related Content Windows 11 vs Windows 10 Windows – Safe Mode exit methods How To start PC into Safe Mode in Windows10 Dolby Atmos|
Window 10 vs windows 11 design
- If there’s something that makes Windows 11 stand out from Windows 10, it’s its appearance. Microsoft has made a leap forward from dull boxes and wallpapers with lush green mountains. The latest version of Windows includes an updated model of the Windows logo as well as returning of the start sound that was dropped from Windows 8, and an updated set of icons that boost flat designs by incorporating vibrant gradients that add a hint of depth to normally 2D images.
- One of the most significant modifications is a more rounded look at almost everything. Windows menu panels and even notification boxes come with rounded corners that make everything appear softer.
- Other significant visual changes include the introduction of an OS dark mode which lets you switch between a more vibrant, lively look and a dark shade of color that can be applied to everything from desktop wallpapers to menus and applications.
Windows 10 vs Windows 11 gaming
In this section, we will give you a few reasons why Windows 11 is better than Windows 10 for gaming that make it worth the upgrade. We have provided detailed information about every latest feature of windows 11 that can enhance the gaming experience for gamers.
- Windows 11 offers Auto HDR (high dynamic range) feature that allows you to see every single detail. HDR can be described as an imaging method where the lighting is shown in a clear and precise way. It improves the visuals of games. It offers the most realistic and immersive gaming experience.
- You’ll be able to observe every single move and detail. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful. Auto HDR makes game visuals a delight. You’ll enjoy a real-life experience. With enhanced graphics, you’ll be able to play more effectively.
- It’s a delight to all gamers. Visual effects play played a significant part in providing an amazing gaming experience. Auto HDR dramatically enhances the game’s visuals, which allows gamers to play to the maximum. Reflections, shadows, and lights all will appear more appealing. Windows 11 vs Windows 10 gaming is a major distinction.
- Another great feature of Windows 11 is its “direct storage” feature. Direct storage implies that loading times will be cut dramatically. It will allow you to enjoy the latest gaming experience thanks to this feature.
- The feature works with NVMe SSDs and allows loading much faster than earlier versions of Windows. For all PC gamers, this feature is a breath of fresh air. It is not necessary to wait for an extended period of time to get their game up and running.
- It’s always frustrating when you’re looking forward to playing with your buddies but your game isn’t loading. Nobody wants to be waiting for the game to start. Windows 11 has solved this issue by introducing the Direct Storage feature.
- Windows 11 is going to provide you with an integrated Xbox Game Pass. Yes, you read it right. It is now possible to purchase the Xbox game pass on Windows 11. It’s so exciting to learn it is now possible to purchase an Xbox game pass that is easier to access than it has ever been before.
- Xbox has been working hard to ensure that the game pass feature is as easy to access as possible. The dream will be realized in Windows 11. This is an amazing feature for everyone who plays.
We don’t blame you for being reluctant to upgrade up to Windows 11. Since you’ve probably spent the last 5-6 years using Windows 10, everything is just muscle memory. However, we think Windows 11 is definitely better than Windows 10 in many ways which makes it worth the upgrade.